FOSTER HOMES NEEDED
We are always looking for suitable temporary foster homes for animals in need.
Do you have a room or space in your home and a few minutes a day to feed and play with a kitten, puppy or adult pet? Sometimes we just need someone to give medication after a pet is recovering from an operation or trauma.
Fostering is where we have seen the most successful rehabilitation take place.
We cover all costs of food, medication and supplies.
There is no commitment.
We take full responsibility for the animal. You can decide if you want to be of assistance for a couple of days or weeks depending on your circumstances.
Please contact us to join our list of willing foster parents.
We will then be in touch to see how we can work to suit your home, family and other animal circumstances.
We may not have a pet that is suitable immediately but will be in touch when a case arises.
Benefits of fostering
1. Make a shorter-term commitment than adoption. Perfect if you are only here for the summer!
2. Help the neediest animals who might not get adopted otherwise
3. If you have children, it can be a great way to introduce different animals into your home and see how your child responds.
4. See struggling, sick and/or shy animals improve and knowing you have helped.
5. It can be a great way to learn and educate yourself about animals.
6. Remember you have the backing and support of LAC, so we will never leave you with the burden of what happens to the animal if you can no longer foster and they haven't been adopted.
Contact us for more information.